Hello Friends,
I believe this happened about two years ago in the fall.
Lily, Luke, and I decided that a hike to a waterfall would be fantastic! We could see the beautiful colors of the leaves, and just take in the fresh smell of Autumn.
We started a little late, but were prepared with flashlights and we didn't plan to go far. For about an hour we hiked through some very beautiful country and then made it to our waterfall. By this time it was too dark to see the waterfall, but the sounds, smells, and company were worth it.
Upon arrival you can be sure both Luke and Lily had their fantastic phones at the ready with either star charts or information on the different constellations one could see that time of year. It was a blast! And I relearned a lot of the things I had forgotten from my time in YW many many years ago.
As the night became cooler we decided it was time to head back down to our car. On our way down we made sure, through Luke's advice, to as loud as possible so as not to get attacked by anything. Exceptionally Moose. For just a year ago his own sister, on this very hike had been hit my one.
We made it about half way and were getting a little tired, so naturally we took break to look at the stars once more and rest a little. That's when it all happened. Luke got very silent, very fast. Both Lily and I looked over at him with a natural bit of concern.
"Did you guys hear that?"
"Hear what?" was Lily's response as I was already freaking out.
"I swear I heard something over in those bushes."
Quietly, he pointed the flashlight towards the bushes. As he did he brought a Moose into the spot light. Realistically I'm sure he was an average moose. But at the time, I swear, he was at least the size of a semi and walking right towards up.
"Stay completely still." was the only warning issued by Luke as we huddled together and tried not to breathe.
The moose walk at least 2 steps more towards us, and for what seemed like an eternity, stared at us. Judging, I suppose, wither or not we were worth it. Luckily he decided we weren't and began to leave, when....
BLEEP!
Luke's phone went off! The moose, who by this time was headed back into the bushes began to turn slowly towards us again.
BLEEP!
Again a phone began to come to life, and this time it was mine! No sooner had mine gone off, then....
BLEEP!
Yes! Lily's phone had now joined the fun! The moose was on his second slow walk towards. I was sure we were going to die. This time he took a whole three steps towards us. Another Eternity passed when Luke began to nudge both Lily and I suggesting we start slowly backing away down the trail again. As we began to distance ourselves from our monstrous friend he lost interest and headed back into the bushes and out of sight.
It turned out that the text we had all received was from my little sister Eve who had just twittered something. Yes, Twitter almost got us trample by a moose! (Twitter rocks nothing negative!)
THE END!
No comments:
Post a Comment