Hello Friends,
I know this post is rather late, but I had to say something. Everyone who is able to remember it, know exactly where they were the day the Twin Towers fell. I would like to share with you where I was.
Every morning, the years I was in High School, my Mom would drag us all out of bed bright and early to have scripture study. That morning was no exception. We all, my three sisters and I, sluggishly made our way up the stairs into the front room to read. Towards the end of our half hour the T.V. popped on.
It was completely random! We searched for the remote, finding it by the T.V. and knowing that no one had touched it. Thinking it was a bit strange, we shrugged our shoulders and just turned it off. But a few minuets later it turned on again! My oldest sister happened to be there when it did this, and caught a recap of the first plane hitting the north tower.
"You Guys!" She screamed, " a plane just crashed in to one of the Twin Towers!"
We all came racing in just in time to have front row seats to live footage of the second plane crash into the south tower. My heart sunk. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think. I only veagly remember getting on the bus to school.
Once I got there every one, of course, was talking about it. A few were frightened, others cried, but what I remember most is the disbelief. That something like this could happen to us. On our own soil.
It was during my math class that we saw the towers fall. My teacher, bless her heart, quit really teaching math and just let us watch, talking to us about what was happening every now and again.
My band teacher, also head of the Marching Band, left it up to the Drum Majors to decide wither or not we were to hold practice. They voted yes, and it was the most beautiful practice I have ever had. All seventy of us put everything we had into our music. Making every last note count for what had happened that day.
I remember after practice almost half the band, just sitting on the band room floor exhausted and either near tears, or in complete sobs.
I will never forget.
All I can say is thank you. Thank you to who gave their lives that day. Never thinking of themselves, but of the lives of the people they might save. I pray for their families, who even 10 years later still feel the pain of that day. And to the Service men who put their lives in danger for our country daily I pray that God protects them.
We live in a blessed country, that I believe will take quite a bit more to fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment